Information about us
Ampler Bikes OÜ is a private limited company operating the Ampler Bikes brand, established under Estonian law. Ampler Bikes GmbH is Ampler Bikes OÜ’s subsidiary in Germany. This site is operated by and the goods you purchase or the services you order will be supplied by both Ampler Bikes OÜ and Ampler Bikes GmbH (hereafter referred as “Ampler Bikes”, “we,” “us,” “our”). As regards the processing of personal data, we jointly determine the purposes and means of processing. Consequently, we are joint controllers of your personal data.
|Online sales and support:
||Ampler Bikes shop and workshop:
|Ampler Bikes OÜ
Commercial Register No: 12733110
|Ampler Bikes GmbH
Commercial Register No: HRB 193614 B, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
|Contact details (issues relating to the processing of personal data):
|Address: Paldiski maantee 25, 10612 Tallinn, Estonia
The product offerings on the web store of Ampler Bikes is directed to private consumers and to business customers entering into a contract with Ampler Bikes without a business purpose, trade intent or self-employed professional activity.
We are committed to protecting your privacy online
We respect your need for privacy and understand that you do not want your personal information to be distributed indiscriminately. This policy explains how and what information we collect, how we use it, and what controls you have.
Who are we?
The Website is owned by Ampler Bikes which is the controller for your personal data.
What kind of personal data does Ampler Bikes collect?
We can only provide the goods and services ordered by you if you provide us with your personal data. For the purpose of providing these services, we collect personal data about you, such as:
- basic identification data: first and last name;
- contact data: E-mail address, mobile number, postal address;
- purchase history: billing address, billing company, company VAT number, bank account details (bank name, BIC, IBAN);
- warranty cases: occurrence of a warranty case, actions taken;
- customer reviews.
If you are buying goods and services using services such as BusinessBike (https://www.businessbike.de/), Klarna (https://www.klarna.com/) or JobRad (https://www.jobrad.org/), we additionally collect other relevant personal data, such as:
- Leasing contract data: company, company name, legal form of company, occupation, bank account details (bank name, BIC, IBAN);
- Your employer data: employer/company name, position held, etc.;
- Date of birth;
- Distance from home to workplace.
How does Ampler Bikes collect personal data?
We collect your data when:
- you request information about our products and services via our Website by telephone, email or mail;
- you order a test ride with our bikes;
- you order goods or services in Ampler Pikes shop, on our Website, by telephone, email or mail;
- you provide personal data to our business partners (e.g. BusinessBike, Klarna, JobRad);
- you connect with us through social media services (Twitter, LinkedIN, Facebook, Instagram)
- you leave feedback about Ampler Bikes, its products and services, user experience, etc. (incl. customer reviews);
- you sign up for Ampler News mailing list on our Website.
What are the purposes of the processing?
Ampler Bikes processes your personal data for the performance of the contract and in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract. We can only provide the goods and services ordered by you if you provide us with your personal data. For the purpose of providing these services, we collect personal data about you, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, email address.
Furthermore, the processing might be necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which Ampler Bikes is subject. For example, Ampler Bikes is required:
- to organise the accounting and financial reporting;
- to administer your account with us;
- to verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online to or from Ampler Bikes;
- to inform you about the delivery time, services and updates;
- to provide you with the information about support and warranty;
- to provide you relevant information about your bike and its maintenance.
Ampler Bikes will also process your personal data if the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Ampler Bikes. In every such case Ampler Bikes will consider whether such interests might be overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject. For example, Ampler Bikes has the legitimate interest to process your data to help with fraud identification and prevention.
Ampler Bikes also processes your feedback (incl. customer reviews) based on its legitimate interest to improve its products and services. Leaving feedback is optional. When requesting customer reviews, Ampler Bikes will inform you in more detail about the applicable conditions.
Ampler Bikes can process your personal data if you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes. For example, we may use your personal information to send you information about our products and services which you have requested from us by signing up to our newsletter. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time – you can ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes us by using the unsubscribe function at the end of the marketing email. However, we remind you that the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You have the right to receive information about the personal data processed by Ampler Bikes, including the categories of data processed, the sources of the data, purposes of processing etc. You are also entitled to receive copies and extracts of personal data processed. You have the right to request the correction or updating of data if it turns out that the personal data being processed is inaccurate.
You have the right to object to processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you if such processing is only necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Ampler Bikes.
You have the right to obtain from Ampler Bikes restriction of processing or the erasure of your personal data. Ampler Bikes will erase your data or implement other measures that result in the data becoming permanently anonymous if:
- your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- your personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- your personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which Ampler Bikes is subject.
As noted above, you always have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications any time by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as technical notices, support or administrative notifications or information about goods and services purchased by you.
Ampler Bikes will fulfil your request within a reasonable time, but no later than one month after receiving the request.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to protect the personal data against any loss, misuse or alteration. If the data is transferred to a third country, we implement appropriate safeguards and means, such as the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. You can learn more about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology;
- we store your personal data on secure servers:
||United States of America
||United States of America
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. All we can do is use all our reasonable efforts to safeguard your data and ensure that we maintain a reliable and safe environment to use your data. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
How long is your personal data stored?
Ampler Bikes has both the right and the obligation to retain the personal data collected for a period of time. Ampler Bikes does not retain personal information longer than necessary to achieve the purposes of processing and comply with the obligations of Ampler Bikes. For example, the information contained in the accounting records will be retained for seven years in accordance with the law.
As a general rule Ampler Bikes will keep your personal data for 6 years after the transaction. Ampler Bikes may retain the personal data for a longer period of time if you have given consent for longer storage and processing of the data or there is another valid legal basis for continuous processing.
To whom and why we transfer your personal data?
Ampler Bikes may transfer your personal data to data processors or other independent data controllers. Ampler Bikes may share information with companies that provide support services to Ampler Bikes. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. Data processors are not authorized to use the shared data for any other purpose. Independent controllers determine the means and purposes of processing on their own. Ampler Bikes delegates the personal data processing particularly to the following processors or controllers (NB! this is not an exhaustive list):
- Ampler Bikes GmbH, registered office: Kollwitzstr. 47, 10405 Berlin, Germany;
- CoModule GmbH, registered office: Friedrichstraße 68, 10117 Berlin, Germany;
- Fahrradcafé GmbH, registered office: Asternstrasse 2, 30167 Hannover, Germany;
- Freshworks Inc, registered office: 2950 S Delaware St Suite 201, San Mateo, CA 94403, USA;
- Inzmo GmbH, registered office: Charlottenstrasse 2, 10969 Berlin, Germany
- JobRad GmbH, registered office: Augustinerplatz 2, 79098 Freiburg, Germany;
- Klarna Bank AB (publ), registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden;
- Michael Weigel Rad Studio München, registered office: Am Hollenbusch 18, 81547 Munich, Germany;
- Parrots and Crows, registered office: 76, 60318 Frankfurt, Germany;
- Rad Pflege, registered office: Diesterwegstraße 33f, 25421 Pinneberg, Germany;
- Regonova GmbH Unit/BusinessBike, registered office: Parkstraße 8, 91413 Neustadt a. d. Aisch, Germany;
- Mollie B.V., registered office: Keizersgracht 313, 1016 EE Amsterdam, Netherlands;
- Omniva OÜ, registered office: Pallasti tn 28, 10001 Tallinn, Estonia;
- DSV Transport AS, registered office: Pärnu mnt. 535, 76401 Saku vald, Harjumaa, Estonia;
- Logwin AG, registered office: 5, an de Längten, ZIR Potaschberg, 6776 Grevenmacher, Luxemburg;
- MailChimp, The Rocket Science Group LLC, a company headquartered in the State of Georgia in the United States.
- TrustSpot Inc, registered office: 13506 Summerport Village Pkway, Suite 1006, Windermere, Florida 34786.
Ampler Bikes is required to transfer personal data if Ampler Bikes is legally bound by such an obligation. For example, Ampler Bikes might be obligated to disclose personal data to public authorities upon their legitimate request.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at Ampler Bikes; Paldiski mnt. 25; 10612 Tallinn; Estonia.
In case of any suspected infringement of your privacy, please contact us. We’ll try to resolve the dispute by negotiation. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority. In Estonia the supervisory authority is Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate located at Väike-Ameerika St. 19, 10129 Tallinn and online www.aki.ee. In Germany, the competence in the field of data protection is split among different data protection supervisory authorities in Germany. Competent authorities can be identified according to the list provided here.