Every Ampler has a motor controller – the so-called brain of your bike that provides all of the functions for your bike, directing every other part of the electronics system. The motor controller itself is managed by firmware (it’s tech speak for software that controls hardware).
Like most other software, firmware also requires updating every now and then, eas we’re attempting to provide you with the best possible ride experience.
Updating the firmware takes place via the Ampler app. If you get a notification in your app about the new available Firmware, please go to the vehicle settings and update your firmware. Prior to updating the firmware, make sure the battery level is above 25%. To execute the update, place your phone near to the bike.
The update is done over Bluetooth in two steps. The two steps are almost identical and they need to be done in a row. This means that after completing the first update there will be a second update still available – you will need to also complete this. The updates should take about a minute to complete.
If you experience any problems with updating the Firmware, please follow troubleshooting instructions below.
1) Turn Bluetooth OFF
2) Turn Bluetooth ON
3) Wait 10 seconds for connecting
If there is no connection, start flow B. If the connection is established, check if there is another Firmware update available and complete that one as well.
1) Close the Ampler app on the background
2) Go to Bluetooth settings
3) Find the Ampler Bike Bluetooth ID under your Bluetooth devices and click the “Info” button. Press “Forgot This Device”
4) Turn Bluetooth OFF/ and then back ON under settings
5) Open the Ampler app
6) Pair your bike with your smartphone
7) Check if the update is available and complete the update
If any new firmware versions become available in the future, you will be notified within the app.
In order to fully customize your riding experience, please download the Ampler Bikes app available for Android and iOS from your App Store or Play Store.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, switch on Bluetooth, pair your smartphone with your bike, and log in.
You can now use your app to:
● Navigate and track your rides
● See your riding history
● Adjust the motor settings
● Use the app as a dashboard
The bike has two motor assist modes, which can be fully customized with the Ampler Bikes app. The bike comes with two standard settings:
● Normal (1) – 25 km/h, 250 W, 100%
● Boost (2) – 25 km/h, 250 W, 150%
You can switch between these modes either by using the app or the user interface button. To switch between the setting, press down the bike’s power button and hold it slightly longer than it takes to turn the lights on (at least 3 seconds) – the button should orange after the long press. Now after releasing the button, it will blink once if it changes to assist mode 1, or twice if it changes to assist mode 2.
You have the option to change the motor parameters also from the smartphone:
● motor power – increase or decrease your acceleration
● max assist speed – the speed at which the electric assist stops helping you
● assist level – how much the motor assists you in proportion to your input
You have the option to change the motor parameters from the smartphone.
You can lift the max speed up to 25 km/h and nominal power to 250 W.